Providence Little Company of Mary's Wellness and Activity Center believes that children and adults should have access to a clean and safe place to play, learn, and come together with their neighbors to improve their own health. Every day we partner with local volunteers and community organizations to provide free classes and activities for people from birth to age 99, so that residents who live in and around Wilmington, CA can be physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. We do this, because we, along with our partners, are committed to giving people the tools they need to create healthier communities.
All of our classes and activities are free to the public. Whether you live in Wilmington or a surrounding community – we invite you to join us!
- Do you want to join our e-mailing list? Click here!
- Download our monthly calendar ›
- Learn more about the Wilmington Certified Farmer's Market
Center awarded the Mission Leadership Award
In 2016, Providence’s Community Health Wellness and Activity Center was recognized by the multi-state Providence Health & Services with the 2016 Mission Leadership Award. This award recognizes projects that are improving the health of our communities.
On any given day, you may hear the laughter of children playing games on the large green field, families dancing to a Zumba class in the gym, adults in a support group sharing challenges and successes, or families giggling together under a blanket as they watch a free family film under the stars.
The center has become a hub of activity for children, adults and families. Here they come together, build connections with each other, and learn healthy behaviors that will last a lifetime.
- Daily exercise programs: Zumba®, aerobics, walking groups, and yoga
- Art and music programs, such as Aztec dancing and guitar
- After school programs and camps for children
- Assistance with applications for Medi-Cal, Covered California, and CalFresh
- Referrals to local resources
- Special events, such as movie nights, health fairs, and more
- Support groups
- Wellness workshops
We invite nonprofit organizations and public agencies to use the center for their meetings, programs and events. The facility offers:
- Conference room
- Common area
- Soccer field
- Outdoor basketball courts
- On-site parking
If you need space for your next meeting or event, please contact us. It would be our privilege to partner with you as we work to improve the health of our communities.