Mental Health and Wellness
Mental Health and Wellness
Adolescence can be a rocky time, and it's easy to understand why many teens struggle with stress and feeling overwhelmed. While it's natural to struggle from time to time, some mental health issues can signal a need for help:
- Mood disorders
- Thoughts of suicide
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance abuse
The After-School Program Intervention and Resiliency Education® (ASPIRE) is an intensive outpatient teen mental health program for adolescents ages 13-17 who are struggling with their mental and emotional health.
Through therapy, coping strategies and practice, teens develop a path for wellness – reducing the risk of turning to unhealthy or unsafe behaviors like substance use, self-injury and engagement with risky peers. ASPIRE uses a family-centered approach to support both teens and their parents through the program.
The VIBE (Values, Insight, Balance, Effectiveness) program is a safe and supportive space for young adults 18 – 26. With the help of our highly experienced treatment team, young adults learn the fundamental life skills they need to help them navigate this transitional stage in their lives and successfully create the lives they want by:
- Improving their sense of self
- Implementing effective coping strategies
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships
- Increasing personal agency
Our experienced interdisciplinary treatment team is made up of highly trained marriage and family therapists, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists and nurses.
Our intensive outpatient program includes:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group counseling focused on:
- Values and identity formation
- Distress tolerance and emotion regulation skills
- Loneliness and isolation
- Healthy relationships and boundaries
- Depression and anxiety
- Psychiatry services and medication consultation
Young adults meet in a small interactive group setting three to four days per week from 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
To get started call: (949) 365-2298
Mission Hospital’s Maternal Mental Health and Wellness Intensive Outpatient Program offers evidence-based group therapy for pregnant and postpartum moms. We provide specialized treatment for maternal mental health disorders, also known as, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
There are many disorders that can occur anytime during pregnancy and last up to one year following birth. Our program is tailored to help moms improve their ability to cope and function in their daily life, including caring for themselves, their baby and their family. We offer a wide variety of therapeutic treatment modalities including:
- Group therapy and individual treatment
- Ongoing psychiatric evaluation, follow-up and medication management
- Weekly family group
- Intensive outpatient level of care, which includes three psychotherapy groups a day from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
We provide a nurturing and nonjudgmental environment for mothers and their babies to bond and develop skills to promote their mental health and wellness.
As part of the baby bonding experience between mother and baby, we encourage and welcome bringing your newborn or infant with you.
To get started call: 949-499-7504