You purchase health insurance yourself (non-Medicare)
If you currently purchase a private health insurance policy on your own you may:
- Purchase a plan through Covered California health care exchange.
- Purchase a plan directly through a health insurance website or agent outside of the exchange.
Covered California is the California State Health Marketplace also referred to as the "Exchange," which enables you to enroll in Individual and Family Plans (IFP). Certain income eligible participants may qualify for premium assistance and subsidies through the federal government, if the coverage is purchased on the Exchange. There is a separate Exchange for small businesses, called the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).
Covered California Plans for Providence hospitals and physicians in the following medical groups:
- Annadel Medical Group (Sonoma County)
- Queen of the Valley Medical Associates (Napa County)
- Humboldt Medical Specialists (Humboldt County)
To ensure you are able to access our medical groups and hospitals, please sign up for Covered California through the following plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross Pathway PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross Pathway X PPO
- Blue Shield of California EPO
- Western Health Advantage HMO (Sonoma and Napa counties only)
Insurance plan contact information
Below is the contact information for the following plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross www.anthem.com
Phone: Call the number on the back of your Member Identification Card
- Blue Shield www.blueshieldca.com
- Western Health Advantage www.westernhealth.com
Choose your plan carefully! Not only do you want to ensure the hospital of your choice is "In-Network" you'll want to confirm with the health plan you choose that your physicians are "In-Network" as well.