Outpatient Imaging Center - Torrance
Sat: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Designed to maximize the opportunity for prevention, treatment and cure, the Outpatient Imaging Center follows the latest protocols to minimize the radiation exposure caused by some imaging tests. This allows our physicians and clinical staff to provide the most accurate diagnosis and treatment for your individual medical needs.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology.
When you or your family face illnesses or injuries that require expert diagnosis and care, you can feel confident knowing that Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance’s Outpatient Imaging Center located in the Advanced Care Center provides precise and accurate imaging services.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality diagnostic imaging and testing for patients at various stages of health and disease. These scans inform our diagnoses and treatment plans and meet our high standards of comfortable, compassionate results-driven care.
Additionally, all of our imaging departments are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in recognition of their demonstration of and commitment to quality diagnostic imaging. Each of the imaging modalities goes through a rigorous testing process every three years to validate this commitment and renew their accreditation. Along with that, we complete daily and monthly checks to ensure compliance with our quality standards. The ACR is the “Gold Standard” for quality in the imaging world.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology, our imaging services include:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Bone Density Imaging (DEXA)
- Aquilion™ 320 Slice CT Scanner
- Aquilion™ 160 Slice CT Scanner
- Aquilion™ 64 CFX CT Scanner
- Siemens Skyra 3T MRI (Largebore) with QuietScan
- Toshiba Biograph Horizon PET/CT 16-slice
- Interventional Radiology – Pain Management, Vascular, Non-Invasive Procedures
- Diagnostic Imaging - Computed Radiography and Digital Radiography
- Nuclear Medicine
- Selenia® Dimensions® System Genius™ 3D Mammography™
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Bring a copy of your order, insurance information, driver’s license or ID, and authorizations.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant, inform the technologist.
- Please note: we are unable to provide child care.
- Lab work is required within 45 days prior to your appointment if you are receiving contrast for a CT and:
- Are 65 years or older
- Are diabetic
- Have abnormal kidney function or have had kidney surgery
CT special instructions
- Abdomen and/or pelvis: Pick up the oral contrast at least one day prior to your exam. No food or drink four hours prior to the exam. If necessary take medications with a sip of water.
- Enterography: Arrive two hours prior to appointment time. No food or drink four hours prior to the exam. If necessary take medications with a sip of water.
MRI special instructions
If you have any one of the following please contact your ordering physician as it may not be safe for you to have an MRI.
- Pacemaker or cardiac defibrillator/valve
- History of cerebral aneurysm surgery
- Infusion pump
- Are pregnant
- Have any metal in or on your body
Ultrasound special instructions
- Abdomen, aorta: No food or drink after midnight.
- Prostate: Fleet enema one hour prior to exam.
- Kidney only: Be well hydrated. Drink as much water as is comfortable throughout the day of your exam.
- Pelvic, bladder, OB, sonohysterogram: Finish drinking 32 oz. of water one hour prior to appointment. Do not empty bladder.
Radiology special instructions
- Upper GI, esophagram, small bowel series: No food or drink after midnight (including water).
- Barium enema: Obtain instructions from Providence Little Company of Mary Outpatient Imaging Torrance at least 24 hours in advance.
Centralized Scheduling has the capability to schedule appointments for the Outpatient Diagnostic Center at the hospital, as well as the Women’s Imaging Center and the Outpatient Imaging at the Advanced Care Center.
- Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Fri: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.