Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Our nationally-respected orthopedic experts are at the forefront of creating better solutions for pain, injury or disease—from innovative therapies to restore strength and movement, to less invasive surgical options.
We offer some of Southern California’s top experts in minimally-invasive joint replacement, sports medicine and cartilage restoration, as well as specialists who bring a single-minded focus to issues affecting the hand and wrist, knee, hip, foot and ankle, or shoulder.
We consistently exceed national benchmarks in quality and patient satisfaction, allowing us to earn several of the nation’s most prestigious honors while improving our patients’ lives. For example, our joint replacement patients go home sooner, recover faster, and experience fewer complications. Even our elderly hip fracture patients are far less likely to require a stay in a skilled nursing facility—and instead, successfully recover at home more often and in greater numbers than state or national averages.
Our classes are designed for patients who are looking to gain information on getting back to activities they enjoyed prior to their joint replacing. Many classes offer support by former patients, therapists and nursing specialists in orthopedics. Classes include:
Our fellowship-trained experts are improving nonsurgical treatments as aggressively as they are improving surgical ones, creating faster healing and minimal downtime. For our patients that means more treatment options, shorter recoveries, and some of the state’s highest outcomes. Our comprehensive services include:
- Outpatient joint replacement, allowing patients to return home the same day
- Joint preservation, including partial knee replacement, hip resurfacing, and partial shoulder replacement
- State-of-the-art care for athletic injuries, from all-inside ACL repair to minimally-invasive repair of “irreparable” shoulder injuries
- Cartilage repair and restoration, including meniscus transplantation and OATS procedures
- Arthroscopic repair of hip impingement and labral tears, as well as muscle-sparing hip replacement
- Mini-open approaches to Achilles tendon repair and carpal tunnel release
By combining medical expertise and advanced treatment technologies, our orthopedic physicians help treat injuries that affect a patient’s quality of life. These types of conditions include:
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Hip Fracture
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Knee Replacement
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Hip Replacement
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.
Joint Replacement Surgery Patient Education
Are you undergoing joint replacement surgery? Providence offers free preoperative education designed to prepare patients for their upcoming total hip or knee replacement surgeries. For your convenience, we offer either a live virtual class or an online video series.