Thank you for inquiring about becoming a volunteer. We accept applications all year long. Our regular shifts are 8-12, 12-4, or 4-8, 7 days a week. If you can commit to at least one shift per week working towards 100 hours, please fill out the online application. Please call the volunteer department at 818-708-5176 if you have any questions.
Please note that all applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received a booster.
Opportunities for Service
- Nursing units
- Emergency department (19 years old and up)
- Spiritual care
- Cardiac rehab
- Office work
Benefits of Volunteering
- Free parking: Volunteers may park free of charge in designated parking lots using a Providence-issued identification badge.
- Discount in cafeteria: Volunteer identification badges issued by Providence entitles volunteers to a free meal.
- Medical center events: Volunteers have the opportunity to attend various events during the year, including the Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon, holiday parties, special healthcare fairs and events, as well as foundation events.
Volunteer requirements for Providence medical centers are easily met. People of all ages, backgrounds and abilities who want to help others can become volunteers. An initial interview matches each volunteer's interest, talent and schedule to the medical center's needs. All volunteers attend an orientation to introduce them to our mission and core values, as well as become familiar with various departmental functions before beginning assignments.
The list of requirements includes:
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years old.
- Volunteers must take a tuberculosis test, provided free of charge by the employee health department to start, and again annually during the month of their birthday.
- All volunteers are required to work a minimum of four hours per week with a commitment towards 100 hours.
- Volunteers must wear the Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana ID badge and volunteer uniform when volunteering to make it easy for the staff, patients and their families to recognize them.
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received a booster.
For more information about becoming a volunteer at Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center, call: