Neurosurgery Southwest Washington
Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Providence Neurosurgery of Southwest Washington offers advanced treatment for a full range of nervous system disorders. A nervous system disorder affects your brain, back or nerves. The nervous system affects how you think, feel and move as well as your breathing and heart.
Our neurosurgery teams work across specialties to evaluate and treat a wide variety of conditions – from headaches, back pain and tremors to emergencies like stroke, brain and spinal cord injuries. When you need it, you’ll find compassionate, high-level care that’s conveniently close to home.
Our teams stay on the leading edge of innovative technologies and therapies, including minimally invasive techniques that streamline treatment and recovery. In addition to highly personalized care, our neurosurgeons provide consults and second opinions.
Our surgeons use advanced computer systems to carefully and accurately navigate intricate areas of the spine and brain. Our surgical suites have integrated the latest medical systems to limit cords and streamline ready access to special surgical equipment, devices and tools. Doctors can also rotate all equipment 360-degrees for greater accessibility and efficiencies as they operate.
We are adjacent to Providence St. Peter Hospital, a state-of-the-art 21-bed critical care unit, equipped with the latest medical technology and staffed by expert clinicians.
Our doctors work across specialized areas of medicine to diagnose and manage a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Aneurysms and other neurovascular conditions
- Brain, pituitary and skull-base tumors (benign and cancerous)
- Headaches and migraines
- Hormonal disorders
- Movement disorders, including tremor and Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Nerve pain
- Sleep disorders - Learn more about the Providence Sleep Center
- Spinal column and spinal cord tumors
- Spinal cord injuries
- Spine disorders, deformities and disease
- Traumatic brain injury
Providence Neurosurgery of Southwest Washington offers some of the latest advances in diagnosis and treatment including:
- High-speed CT imaging
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Functional MRI (fMRI)
- MR Spectroscopy
- 1.5-tesla and 3.0-tesla MRI
- Angiogram and interventional angiography
- Pentero surgical microscope
- Operating room advances
- The ability to rotate all equipment 360-degrees (thanks to 50 percent fewer cords than traditional OR suites).
- An equipment “boom” that holds all laparascopic (minimally invasive) surgery equipment in one mount.
- An anesthesia “boom” that holds all the needed plug-ins for extra equipment, anesthetic gases and the anesthesia machine.
- The StrykeCan In-Light Surgical Camera, which is the first of its kind to offer a dual channel recording device, allowing for lighted image recording and capture.
You can schedule an appointment once we have received a referral from your doctor. Brain and spine conditions can involve many changes and concerns for you and your family. We’ll allow plenty of time for thorough medical evaluation and to answer any questions.
During your visit, you’ll meet our medical team. We’ll make every effort to see you at your scheduled time. Occasionally, a wait is unavoidable due to the nature of our specialty.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please notify our office at least 24 hours in advance so we can offer the time to another patient. We sometimes encounter emergencies that force us to cancel our office schedule on short notice. If this happens, we may need to reschedule your appointment.
You’ll receive forms to complete and bring to our office or fax to us in advance. Our fax number is 360-493-7977. Please arrive 15 minutes before your first appointment to allow time to provide information or answer any questions that may arise. You’ll need to share the following documents:
- History and physical form: The health history and physical form allows us to get an accurate picture of your health before we meet. Additionally, your answers on this form will help guide our conversations with you about your health.
- Patient registration form: The patient registration form collects the information we need from you to register you as a new patient with our clinic. You will only have to provide this information one time.
- Health history authorization: The health history authorization gives us permission to contact your previous providers so that we can view your previous medical records.
Please bring all copies of x-rays or lab results. Bring the most recent imaging via disc or film.
The neurosurgeons of Southwest Washington Neurosurgery provide care for the residents of a five-county area including Thurston, Lewis, Mason, Gray’s Harbor and Pacific Counties.
Our neurosurgeons are available for initial consults and second opinions. If you need an emergency consult, our on-call surgeons are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are a provider, call Providence St. Peter Hospital’s transfer center at 866-449-8559 and request the Providence neurosurgeon on call. The transfer office will set up a conference call between you and one of our neurosurgeons.
Providers within the Providence system can submit a referral via Epic. Providers who do not have access to the Providence Epic system can fax referrals to our office at 360-412-2249.
Once we receive a patient referral, we will contact your patient within 24 to 48 hours to schedule an appointment. We can usually schedule appointments within one week of receiving a referral. In some cases, it may take up to two weeks to find a mutually agreeable time. We’ll schedule urgent referrals within one to three days.