Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery
As parents, we want nothing more than happy, healthy children. When a child’s headaches or seizures lead to a neurological diagnosis that requires surgery, it may feel like your world is crashing down.
The pediatric neurosurgeons at Providence want your children to be happy and healthy, too. They offer the best and safest treatments.
Our surgeons have extensive experience in highly technical surgeries involving the head, spine, cerebrovascular system and peripheral nerves. They are recognized for their clinical expertise and contributions to advancing the field of neurosurgery.
We are a recognized leader in the diagnosis and treatment of complex neurological issues in infants and children. You can count on us to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Brain tumors
- Cerebrovascular issues
- Closed head injuries
- Neurological infections
- Severe brain and spinal injuries
- Spinal disorders
Our pediatric neurosurgery team understands all the effects a major surgery can have on your child and your entire family. To care for your child in mind, body and spirit we offer:
- Level 2 trauma service
- Pediatric units that allow 24-hour parent interaction
- Child life specialists who address the psychosocial and developmental issues of children in the hospital
- A pediatric intensive care unit, staffed by pediatric intensive care specialists
- A neonatal intensive care unit, with neonatologists available full time
- Neurosurgical operating room, with highly specialized equipment, anesthesiologists and personnel