To maintain our commitment to be good stewards of our resources, we regularly review our programs and services. Below, you will find recent and upcoming program changes:
Laguna Beach outpatient lab
In order to maintain optimal laboratory support and resources, we have decided to close the outpatient laboratory at Providence Mission Hospital Laguna Beach (PMHLB). As of May 24, 2023, all outpatient laboratory services will be provided through the lab at Providence Mission Hospital (PMH), located at 27700 Medical Center Road in Mission Viejo. The outpatient lab at PMH is open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – noon. Please note this transition will not impact inpatient laboratory testing at PMHLB or PMH. No jobs will be lost as a result of this transition.
The nearest comparable services can be found at Providence Mission Hospital, Quest Diagnostics (30131 Town Center Drive, Suite 140, Laguna Niguel CA 92677), and Lab Corps (23961 Calle de La Magdalena, Laguna Hills, CA 92653).
Laguna Beach inpatient and outpatient GI services
As of May 10, 2023, Providence Mission Hospital relocated its inpatient and outpatient GI (gastrointestinal) services from Providence Mission Hospital Laguna Beach to our Mission Viejo campus.
This transition allows us to enhance our GI program by centralizing our specialists and technology in a single location. No jobs will be lost as a result of this transition.
The nearest comparable services can be found at:
- Mission Health Center/Leonard Cancer Institute, 27799 Medical Center Rd, Suite 310, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Pacific Gastroenterology Medical Associates, 26421 Crown Valley Parkway, #140A, Mission Viejo, CA 92691, Dr. Om P. Chaurasia
- Gastroenterology Associates, 30131 Town Center Drive, #215, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677, Dr. J. Frank Arguello
Forbes outpatient physical therapy clinic
As of April 27, 2023, Providence Mission Hospital relocated its outpatient physical therapy clinic from Forbes Road to the hospital’s Mission Viejo campus, which is less than two miles away.
The ten caregivers who worked at the Forbes location were transferred to the hospital campus and will continue to provide therapy services.
The nearest comparable services can be found at Providence Mission Hospital, Mission Health Center/Leonard Cancer Institute and Mission Medical Tower.
Parties may offer comments at:
- Providence Mission Hospital, 27700 Medical Center Road, Mission Viejo, CA 92691, (949) 364-1400, Chief Executive Seth Teigen
- Providence St. Joseph Health, 3345 Michelson, suite 100, Irvine CA 92612, (949) 381-4000