From the time you find out that you’re expecting to the moment you hold your newborn, you’ll have capable and compassionate guides at Providence. Our certified nurse midwives are registered nurses with specialized post-graduate education, midwifery training and certification.
The midwifery approach to care is based on our understanding that pregnancy and birth are natural life processes. Our certified nurse midwives are registered nurses with specialized post-graduate education, midwifery training and certification. Our midwives specialize in providing exceptional care throughout your pregnancy, during delivery and childbirth and while you adjust to all the postpartum and parenting changes in your life.
Certified nurse midwives are:
- Partner with OB-GYNs when needed
- Coordinate your pregnancy and postpartum care with a team of patient navigators, social workers and an OB-GYN
- Often offer group visits with patient (and partners) at similar stages in pregnancy
We want you to feel comfortable about your care from day one, and we encourage your family to participate during every step of your pregnancy, too. At your first appointment, your midwife will go over your medical history and perform a complete physical examination.
As your pregnancy progresses, your midwife will talk with you about your preferences and plans to ensure an experience that’s right for you.
Our midwife services include:
- Continuous assistance during labor and delivery
- Dedicated postpartum support
- Group education and support
- Individualized education, counseling and prenatal care
- Minimizing technological interventions
- Monitoring your physical, psychological and social well-being throughout pregnancy and childbirth
- Referring women who require obstetrical attention
Doctors Specializing in Midwifery
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.