The midwifery approach to care is based on our understanding that pregnancy and birth are natural life processes. We blend high-level experience from certified and licensed nurse midwives with a heart for mothers and babies and all the challenges and joys of pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood.
We know that pregnancy and childbirth are exciting, emotional and often unpredictable. Our midwives specialize in providing exceptional care throughout your pregnancy, during delivery and childbirth and while you adjust to all the postpartum and parenting changes in your life.
At Providence, we’ll talk with you about your preferences and plans to ensure an experience that’s right for you.
Our midwife services include:
- Continuous assistance during labor and delivery
- Dedicated postpartum support
- Group education and support
- Individualized education, counseling and prenatal care
- Minimizing technological interventions
- Monitoring your physical, psychological and social well-being throughout pregnancy and childbirth
- Referring women who require obstetrical attention
When you arrive for your first visit, you’ll check in at the front desk and present your photo ID and insurance card.
A certified nurse midwife will go over your medical history and perform a complete physical examination. You’ll discuss your birthing plan and details, such as whether or not you prefer using pain medication.
We want you to feel comfortable about your care from day one, and we encourage your family to participate during every step of your pregnancy, too. Please let us know if you have any concerns or would like further information or assistance. We’re always happy to answer questions.