Perinatal Palliative Care
Expecting a new baby is a time filled with excitement, anticipation and hope for the future. But for parents who have been given a prenatal diagnosis that their baby may be born with a serious medical condition, this can be a time filled with heartbreak and uncertainty. The Providence perinatal palliative care team is here to provide support and education to these families during their pregnancy, delivery and aftercare.
Our team provides support and honors your baby as well as your family.
- Primary obstetrics provider
- Pediatric cardiologist
- Birth place staff
- Neonatal intensive care staff
- Pediatric palliative care team
- Case management and social services staff
- Financial counselors
- Hospice and grief support groups
If your unborn or newborn baby is diagnosed with an advanced and life-limiting illness, our perinatal palliative care and hospice service can help. Providence offers sympathetic support to address the pregnancy, delivery and postpartum needs of your family during this difficult time.
- Personalize your birth plan to meet your family’s wishes and values regarding hospital care. We’ll help you address topics like pain management, family involvement and spiritual support.
- Coordinate care to ensure continuity among providers, including primary care staff and specialists
- Learn about health care resources and navigate through support services
- Address your grief during the hospital stay, as well as discharge follow-up
- Create keepsakes to memorialize your baby and make final arrangements
- Find local resources and support if you choose to take your baby home for the remainder of its life.
Doctors Specializing in Perinatal Palliative Care
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.