Well Being Trust
Providence has made a commitment to address an urgent crisis in our communities: mental health. As part of our commitment, we are funding the development of an independent institute by providing an initial seed endowment of $100 million.
Well Being Trust is a new national foundation dedicated to advancing mental, social and spiritual well-being. Created to include participation from organizations across sectors and perspectives, the institute is committed to addressing the most critical mental health challenges facing America and transforming individual and community wellness. Guided by a national advisory council chaired by Maureen Bisognano and Chief Executive Tyler Norris, the institute will serve as a leader in such areas as innovation and integration, community investment, campaigns, research and policy.
The institute will implement innovative solutions, investments and partnerships that help:
- Eliminate the stigma of mental illness and ease access to care
- Build resilience in children, teens and families and seniors
- Reduce suffering from depression, anxiety and social isolation
- Curtail substance abuse
- Create hope for people with serious and persistent mental illness
- Grow healthy equitable communities that support human flourishing