Are you covered?
Check to see if your insurance is covered by this provider.
About Matthew E. Powers
Matthew Powers, MD, specializes in surgical treatment of adult heart disease, including heart failure, coronary revascularization, temporary ventricular assist devices, aortic surgery, minimally invasive valve repair and replacement, arrhythmia surgery, septal myectomy and pericardial disease. His clinical interests and advanced fellowship training involve the treatment of complex diseases of the thoracic aorta and advanced valve repair techniques.
Dr. Powers earned his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, received his general surgery training at LAC+USC Medical Center, and his specialty training in cardiothoracic surgery from Columbia University/New York Presbyterian Hospital. He is certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgeons and the American Board of Surgeons.
Philosophy of care: “I take the time to give my patients a clear understanding of their treatment options. I frequently use a heart model or computer reconstruction to detail each surgery and give them a clear vision of their path to recovery.”
New York University
LAC+USC Medical Center
New York-Presbyterian Hospital
• American College of Surgeons
• American Medical Association
• Society of Thoracic Surgeons
• The International Association for Heart and Lung Transplantation
• American Heart Association
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery
4201 Torrance Boulevard, Suite 520
Torrance, CA 90503
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
Providence Saint John's Health Center
Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance - Del Vicario Cardiovascular Center for Excellence
- Congestive Heart Failure (Chf)
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Pericardial Disease
- Septal Myectomy