When Kadlec opened its doors in 1944, the hospital was established to care for the Hanford area workers and their families. Since then, we have grown to a regional medical center providing care for the people throughout the Mid-Columbia.
As a not-for-profit, private corporation governed by local volunteer trustees, our decisions are made with our community's best interest in mind. We are dedicated to bringing you and your family not only some of the latest high-tech medical equipment, but our staff is committed to providing all our patients with compassionate, high-quality care.
Kadlec is the home to a growing open heart surgery and interventional cardiology program, the region's only level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a world-class all digital outpatient imaging center as well as a number of other innovative services and programs.
Facilities designated as Blue Distinction Centers® for Spine Surgery demonstrate expertise in cervical and lumbar fusion, cervical laminectomy and lumbar laminectomy/discectomy procedures, resulting in fewer patient complications and readmissions compared to other hospitals. All designated facilities must maintain national accreditation.
Kadlec Regional Medical Center awarded the Patient Safety for Excellence Award for the second year in a row by Healthgrades.
Kadlec Regional Medical Center was named Best Hospital in Central Washington by U.S. News & World Report Magazine for second year in a row.
Kadlec’s Joint Care Center received the Joint Commission certification in hip and knee replacement. Kadlec is the first hospital in the Tri-Cities to receive this certification.
The Joint Commission’s Disease-Specific Care Certification Program, is designed to evaluate clinical programs across the continuum of care. Certification requirements address three core areas: compliance with consensus-based national standards; effective use of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines to manage and optimize care; and an organized approach to performance measurement and improvement activities.
Achieving Joint Commission certification in joint replacement for hip and knee means we are taking a major step toward maintaining excellence and continually improving the care we provide.
Consumer Reports rates hospitals nationwide for Safety. See how Kadlec rates.
We are pleased to announce that the Kadlec Regional Medical Center Don and Lori Watts Pediatric Unit project (submitted by Curtis Group Architects) has been selected as a featured Building of America Award case study. The case study will appear on the homepage at www.buildingofamerica.com. Each project featured will show how it is making a difference for its community.
HR Solutions, a company that conducts employee surveys and is endorsed by the American Hospital Association, has awarded Kadlec a “Best in Class” seal for its high ratings in employee satisfaction. Kadlec scored in the top 10% of attracting, engaging and empowering employees. That translates into motivated employees providing optimum care for patients.
Kadlec is dedicated to maintaining excellence and integrity in our operations and professional and business conduct. Kadlec is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards and complying with all governing laws and regulations not only in the delivery of our health care, insurance and education services, but in dealing with employees, administrative staff, physicians, agents, members, payers and the communities in which we operate.
Provide safe compassionate care.
Health for a Better World.
"Know me, care for me, ease my way."
- SAFETY: Safety is our highest priority and is the core of every thought and decision.
- COMPASSION: We reach out to people in need and give comfort. We nurture the spiritual, physical and emotional well-being of one another.
- RESPECT: We treat everyone with acceptance and honesty, valuing individual and cultural differences.
- INTEGRITY: We earn the trust of the community through ethical behavior and transparency.
- STEWARDSHIP: We believe that everything entrusted to us is for the common good. We strive to care wisely for our people, our resources and our community.
- EXCELLENCE: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of quality and safety.
- COLLABORATION: We join together and with others across the community to advance the interest of patients and their families.
- Ted Samsell, MD, Chair
- Mark Gehlen, Vice Chair
- Jerry Roach, Past Chair
- John Heaton
- Saundra Hill
- Diana Izaguirre
- Larry Jecha, MD
- Susan Kreid
- Mike Lawrence
- David Lippes
- Carla Lobos
- Wayne Martin, PhD
- Ruben Peralta
- Amy Person, MD
- Marilyn Quadrel, PhD
- Joel Gilbertson, chief executive
- Scott O’Brien, chief operating officer
- Dean Martz, MD, chief executive, Clinical Programs & Services
- Mike Marshall, MD, chief physician executive, Physician Enterprise
- Anna Franklin, executive director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- John Kleiderer, chief mission officer
- Helen Andrus, chief financial officer
- Mark Gross, chief communication officer
- Andrew Taylor, chief strategy officer
- Mark Wakai, chief executive, Population Health
- April Anderson, assoc. vice president, Marketing
- Bryan Fix, interim chief human resources officer