Kadlec Joint Replacement
Kadlec Joint Replacement
No referral required. Check with your insurance for referral requirements.
Kadlec Clinic - Northwest Orthopedics and Sports Medicine provides expert care to the Tri-Cities and surrounding area. We recognize how challenging life can be when you live with chronic joint pain. When your ability to move becomes difficult, count on Kadlec Joint Care — a specialized team offering the most comprehensive care from before surgery through rehabilitation.
Our board-certified surgeons are experienced and highly skilled at performing hip, knee and shoulder replacements.
Kadlec is the first hospital in Southeast Washington to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for hip, knee and shoulder replacement. The Gold Seal of Approval means the Joint Replacement Center at Kadlec is a designated Center of Excellence and committed to provide safe, high-quality care and best outcomes.
Kadlec performs knee, hip, shoulder and total ankle joint replacements. Our expert, board-certified orthopedic surgeons will replace the damaged joint with highly advanced components allowing for quick recovery. We use the latest technology and provide pre and post care to ensure best outcomes. Our total joint care team is dedicated to helping you return home soon to get back to doing what you love. In many cases patients can be discharged within 24 hours allowing for recovery in the comfort of your home.
Your joint replacement team includes:
- Orthopedic surgeon
- Orthopedic trained physician assistant and nurse practitioners
- Physical therapists
- Social workers
- Nurse navigator and care support team
All patients are recommended to attend a total joint education class before surgery. An overview of what to expect and orientation to the surgery will be provided. Access online class.
Patients are interviewed by a nurse who will offer an individual assessment to help evaluate the home situation, including necessary medical equipment. A check list helps the staff evaluate a patient's medical history and current health status. Lab tests and any additional tests will be completed at that time. Home visits can occur before surgery as requested.
We want to make your orthopedic surgery a positive experience. Please contact Kadlec Clinic Northwest Orthopedic and Sports Medicine with any questions: 509-946-1654.
Kadlec participates in organizational, national and international quality initiatives.
- Interdisciplinary Joint Care team dedicated to improving care: physician champions, peri-operative leadership, therapies, case management, infection control
- Patient advisory group
- Joint Commission certification, with rigorous annual surveys – demonstrate evidence of continued improvement in care, guided by current research and best practices
- American Joint Replacement Registry – national data repository for orthopedic procedures and implants; trends patient outcomes (protected privacy); drives improvement on a local and national level
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement Joint Replacement Learning Community, in collaboration with Harvard Business Faculty: collegial project of 34 national and international health systems and organizations comparing care pathways, best practice, and benchmarking quality outcome measures
Joint Replacement Surgery Patient Education
Are you undergoing joint replacement surgery? Join us for a free educational video series designed to help you prepare and relieve any anxiety you may have. This video series is designed to prepare patients for their upcoming total hip or knee replacement surgeries.