How To Obtain a Copy of Medical Records

Option 1: MyChart (patient portal)

MyChart secure patient portal allows patients to view portions of their medical record, and request copies of medical records that are not available through MyChart. There are no fees associated with accessing medical records via MyChart.

Most documents will auto-populate to your MyChart account within 24 hrs from time of visit.

  • Clinical notes are shared immediately to the patient’s MyChart when signed by the authorizing provider.
  • Test results are released hourly after they have been finalized. If not available, please contact the ordering provider.
  • Other documents may be shared immediately when filed to the patient’s medical record.

Sign up for a MyChart account

If you already have a MyChart account, please login.

Option 2: Patient Request to Access/Disclose a Designated Record Set (DRS) Form or Written Document

To receive a copy of your medical records, you may complete the form or write a letter. If you choose to write a letter, it must include the following required elements:

  • Signed by the individual (patient) or patient representative
  • Clearly identify the patient, preferably name and date of birth
  • Clearly identify the intended recipient including name and address designated to receive the records
  • Specify the date range, specific medical records, and name of facility where treatment was received

If you choose to use the form, please complete all sections with special attention to the following:

  • Indicate the dates of treatment/admissions for which you are requesting information
  • Indicate the type of records needed, e.g. Lab results, imaging report, Discharge Summary
  • Release of HIV test results, Mental Health treatment or Alcohol/Drug treatment require initials and date next to the requested information

Patient Request to Access/Disclose a Designated Record Set Form for Release of Health Information

Important notice

Incomplete requests are considered invalid and will be returned for additional information.

Patient representatives may need to provide supporting documentation to fulfill the medical records request e.g. Medical Power of Attorney, Advance Directive, guardianship or conservator forms.

How To Submit Your Medical Records Request

Fax, mail or email your completed and signed form to:

Release of Information – HIM
800 Swift Blvd
Suite 180
Richland, WA 99352
Fax: 509-392-5682

Send an email

No walk-ins, the office is closed to the public. Please call 509-942-2017 Mon - Fri 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for assistance. 

Payment Options

For credit card payments, you can pay online using information from your invoice or by phone: toll free 509-942-2017. We accept all major credit cards.

Kadlec HIM/Release of Information -HIM
800 Swift Blvd
Suite 180
Richland, WA 99352

Additional HIM/ROI Information and Forms

Amendment request

You may write a letter or complete this form to request a correction to your protected health information that was originated or created by a Kadlec provider.

Accounting of Disclosures request

You may write a letter or complete this form to request an accounting of disclosures of your protected health information by Kadlec.

Restriction, revocation or opt out of care everywhere request

You may write a letter or complete this form to restrict the release of your protected health information, revoke a previously signed authorization, or to opt out of Care Everywhere.

Language services

PSJH provides interpreter services for all non-English-speaking patients and patient representatives. Providence Notice of Nondiscrimination and Communication Assistance.