More energy. Better health. Greater well-being.
You have so much to gain from losing the weight.
Mission Hospital offers both surgical and non-surgical weight loss options tailored to your unique needs. Our services include expert guidance in healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle changes to ensure your success and help you regain control of your health.
Mission Hospital connects you with health care professionals who have specialized training in weight management. Offered through the Center for Rehab/Sports/Wellness, our programs follow a total mind-body approach that includes nutrition counseling and long-term support.
- Outpatient Nutrition Counseling for weight loss: our individualized, whole-body approach provides you with the information, resources and support you need to sensibly reach and maintain your optimum weight. To learn more and get started, please call 949-364-9636.
- Surgical and non-surgical procedures: our bariatric physicians specialize in several types of weight loss procedures, including gastric sleeve surgery, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, and the Obalon balloon procedure (a non-surgical weight loss procedure). Patients having these procedures also receive extensive nutrition counseling, support and follow-up care.
- Maintenance Care Program: the hardest part of losing weight can be keeping it off. Our maintenance program supplements your hard work with continual support and information.
- Individual Nutrition Counseling for medical conditions: one-on-one consultations with a registered dietitian can help you address medical conditions such as diabetes, gestational diabetes, high cholesterol and other issues. These services may require a prescription from your physician.
- Fitness Services: the Gym at the Center for Rehab/Sports/Wellness offers memberships to help you continue your progress. The 5,000-square-foot facility is equipped with treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines, weight machines and free weights, and is staffed by fitness technicians who are available for questions or guidance. Amenities include locker rooms, personal lockers and showers.
- Children's Cholesterol Center: this monthly service is designed for children who are at increased risk of developing heart disease. Eligibility criteria include an abnormal lipid profile or having an immediate family member who experienced a cardiovascular event prior to age 50. Referral from a primary care physician is required. Children will receive a full history/physical and assessment by a pediatric cardiologist and an evaluation by a registered dietitian and exercise specialist at their first visit, and will be followed long term by the team. Please call 714-221-5500 for more information.
Our doctors have specialized training and are committed to helping you achieve your weight loss goals:
- Louise N. Bacon, M.D., FACS, specializes in gastric sleeve surgery and endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.
- Phuong (Phoenix) T. Nguyen, M.D., specializes in the Obalon balloon procedure for non-surgical weight loss.