We’re devoted to helping patients achieve their weight loss goals. We understand that the one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t create results, so we work with you to establish the best course of action for your body and help you make the choices necessary for your personal health.
Providence bariatrics programs offer a team approach that includes surgeons, weight-loss specialists, dieticians, nutritionists, and counselors who help patients understand the commitment necessary to ensure life-long success.
We offer programs designed to support you and your weight loss goals no matter where you are in your journey. These programs help you manage the challenge of maintaining weight loss and permanent lifestyle changes after weight loss surgery. Through group interaction and exercises you can learn:
- What constitutes healthy, mindful eating
- What influences your eating
- How your thoughts and feelings can contribute to unhealthy eating habits and unhealthy body weight
- How to observe, monitor and change thoughts and behaviors to support healthy eating habits and a healthy body weight
- How to manage feelings that trigger unhealthy eating habits
Our services are meant to combat complications of obesity, including type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea and cardiovascular silent killers such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Together, we reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and early death.
Many of our programs have received certifications from both the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Multiple Providence weight loss programs have earned accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Bariatric Surgery Center Network and designation as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery.
Our bariatric services are designed to help renew your health and strengthen your spirit. Weight loss services across offered across Providence include:
- Pre-surgical medically supervised weight management programs
- Customized exercise programs
- Consultations with registered dieticians
- Counseling with psychologists specializing in weight loss care
- Minimally invasive surgical options, including Lap-Band. gastric bypass and gastric sleeve procedures
- Support groups for pre and post-operative individuals