Lifestyle Change and Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Program
PREVENT is a year-long lifestyle change program that includes classes, group support and other resources to help participants make healthy changes.
The $30 per class attended cost can be billed to your insurance, for a total of 22 sessions for the year. For employees who are covered under the Providence Health Plan, the cost is covered at 100 percent.
Now enrolling for Fall 2018 classes
Call 406-329-5781 to set up a pre-screening appointment.
Key program components
- One hour of education and group support (you may choose from three class options), and one hour of exercise.
- CDC-approved curriculum with lessons, handouts and other resources to help participants make healthy changes.
- A health coach and registered dietitian, specially trained to lead the program, to help participants learn new skills, encourage goal setting and keep participants accountable and motivated.
Patients can expect to cut their overall risk for developing type 2 diabetes by 60 percent; average weight loss is 12 pounds.
To be eligible for this program, the patient must meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 year or older
- Does not already have diabetes or unstable cardiac disease
- Able to participate in moderate physical activity at least 150 minutes per week
- No end-stage renal disease or dialysis
- No alcohol or substance abuse that would affect successful participation
- Able to understand and participate in lifestyle intervention
- No current diagnosis of cancer, undergoing treatment that prevents participation
- For women: not pregnant or planning pregnancy within the next six months