If you have a pacemaker or other implanted cardiac device, the Cardiac Device Clinic at the Providence Heart Institute provides safe, compassionate and therapeutic care.
Our team is here to answer your questions and help you manage your implantable cardiac device, such as:
- Biventricular pacemakers (biventricular, conventional, leadless)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
- Implanted heart rhythm monitors (loop recorders)
- Regular pacemakers
Our cardiac device team teaches you about your device and helps with any needed troubleshooting. Our services include:
- Follow-up care
- Regular evaluation
- Remote monitoring for:
- Implantable cardiac devices and cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
- Implantable loop recorders
1.5 Million Americans are living with pacemakers, and 1 million more are implanted each year. To care for these patients on a routine basis, the International Heart Institute at Providence St. Patrick Hospital provides a pacemaker clinic. Barbra West, a cardiac device nurse at IHI, explains.