At Providence Missoula Family Medical, we know how important family is. We provide primary care for your entire family, from infants through older adults. And we treat you like family, too. We involve you in all decisions that impact your health and make sure you have easy access to your medical records and providers.
We want you to get the care we’d want for our own family members — from education and support to prevent health problems when possible, to the knowledge and skill of our experienced providers if you require a diagnosis and treatment. We even offer same-day appointments when you have an urgent medical need for minor illnesses or injuries.
We will tailor our services to meet your needs and give you the tools you need to manage your health care goals. As a patient of Missoula Family Medical, you get our full attention and the backing of the entire team of Providence health care specialists and Providence St. Patrick Hospital.
As your primary care provider, we treat both sudden and chronic illnesses. We’re the place to turn any time you have a health issue or question.
Services we offer include:
- Cancer screening
- Disease prevention
- Family planning
- Flu and pneumonia vaccinations
- Management of ongoing health issues, such as heart disease, diabetes and COPD
- Medical advice to help you:
- Eat healthier
- Lose weight
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Stop smoking
- Office-based procedures, including wart removal, stitches and care for minor skin infections
- Physicals and wellness exams
- Routine health issues
- Women’s health
Chronic disease management
When you’re living with an ongoing health challenge like heart disease, cancer or COPD, you’ll never be on your own. We offer education, monitoring and overall care coordination. We’ll be at your side for regular checkups and the unexpected.
If you need specialized care, Providence has an entire time ready to provide guidance and support.
Well-baby and well-child checkups
Keeping you and your family well is as much of a priority as helping you get better when you’re sick. During well-baby and well-child checkups, we monitor children’s growth and development and make sure they have the best possible start to life. We also act as a resource for you.
Our onsite lab provides a full range of lab tests and blood work for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring your health.
We believe in a team approach. Your care team, led by your primary care provider, manages all of your health care needs, including routine and urgent care, preventative care, and referrals to specialists. Your care is comprehensive, coordinated, and personalized. Your care team may include:
- Licensed behavioral health provider
- RN Care Manager
- Diabetic Educator
- Social workers
- Referral Coordinator
Our team-based clinic model ensures that you:
- Are given tools and support to achieve your health care goals
- Are involved in the decisions that impact your health
- Have easy access to your medical record and care team
- Receive expert care in the right setting, at the right time
- Receive the most effective treatments and best possible care
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to check in and complete paperwork. If you don’t arrive on time, we may need to reschedule your appointment.
Also, please be aware that if you miss more than three appointments within one year, we may have to dismiss you from our practice.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance care
- Co-payment if required by your insurance plan
- Medical records from your previous providers if they were not already mailed to us
- Advance directives (Five Wishes, POLST Form, Power of Attorney)
- Any paperwork you may have received in the mail prior to your visit.
- Complete list of all medications you take, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications and dietary supplements
- Detailed history of any symptoms you have and previous treatments
- List of any questions you might have.
If you’re new to our office, we ask that you complete some important paperwork , prior to your first visit.
For your convenience, several other patient forms are also available to download should you need them:
When you need care, we are here to help by offering same day appointments to treat urgent care and laboratory needs. After-hours and walk-in clinics are available for relief of minor illnesses or injuries without an appointment, such as:
Manage Your Care with MyChart
When you sign up for MyChart, you can manage your own medical record and your family’s medical records from home or any computer, tablet, or smartphone. Login to MyChart to:
- Connect with your doctor
- Email your care team
- Pay your hospital bill
- Request prescription refills
- Schedule an appointment
- View lab results