Providence Montana Nephrology
Kidneys are vital and complex organs that perform a host of life-supporting tasks. At Providence Montana Nephrology, we provide personalized care for acute kidney injuries, chronic conditions and kidney failure. From evaluation through treatment, including post-surgery recovery, we take excellent care of kidneys — and of you.
Providence nephrologists treat people living with kidney disease as well as those with related health problems, including:
- Renal bone and mineral metabolism disorders
- Diabetes-related kidney complications
- Fluid and electrolyte abnormalities
- Glomerular disease
- Hematuria and proteinuria
- High blood pressure
- Kidney failure
- Kidney stones
Our nephrology doctors provide these and other services and therapies:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Dialysis referrals for hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Evaluation, consultation and diagnosis
- Kidney biopsy
- Kidney stone treatment, procedures and pain management
- Medication prescription and management
- Post-transplant follow-up care
- Referral for pregnancy-related kidney conditions
- Transplant evaluation and referrals
Our nephrologists can treat you in the office, at the dialysis center and in the hospital if you’re having surgery or other inpatient care. We can also provide referrals to transplant and dialysis centers.
You’ll need a referral to see our specialists. Your primary care provider can send a referral to our office and we’ll contact you to set up an appointment.
Preparing for your visit
We encourage you to arrive at least 15 minutes early to your appointment. This helps to ensure that you have time to complete any paperwork and important documents, and it helps us to stay on schedule for the benefit of all our patients.
Please bring the following additional information with you:
- Advance directives as relevant (Five Wishes, POLST form, Power of Attorney)
- Copayment that may be due at time of service
- Current list of medications, including supplements
- Insurance card(s)
- Photo ID
We are a referral-based clinic. You need a doctor’s referral before you can schedule an appointment with us. Once you have a referral, please call 406-327-7000 to schedule your first appointment.
What to bring
- Photo ID and insurance card
- Referral from your primary care physician (if required by your insurance plan)
- Co-payment (if required by your insurance plan)
- Full list of medications with dosages (including over-the-counter supplements)
- Detailed history of symptoms and treatments (including lab and imaging reports)
- List of questions
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so you have time to check in and fill out any necessary paperwork.