Providence Children's Development Institute - Newberg
Children are referred to our program to help identify and treat developmental concerns. These concerns may begin anytime during a child’s development and include difficulties with activity, such as daily activities, social skills, communication, mobility and learning. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate to create personalized treatment programs designed to help each family reach their goals.
We provide a comprehensive, family-centered approach to helping children with developmental needs, from infancy through adolescence.
We use a variety of approaches to address challenges in movement and accessing home and community. We apply our specialized clinical skills to:
- Help babies/children with movement (e.g., sitting, walking, jumping, increasing strength)
- Treat issues with muscles and bones (e.g., torticollis)
- Evaluate for special equipment if needed
- Help children become as independent as possible
Through occupational therapy, we help children gain independence in the activities of daily life with direct therapy or in small groups. Our highly trained therapists help with:
- Fine-motor skills (e.g., picking things up, gripping pencils)
- Daily living skills (e.g., dressing, hygiene, school skills, home skills)
- Feeding or eating different textures of food
- Visual motor integration/handwriting
- Sensory integration and regulation concerns (i.e., helping children control emotions in a positive way)
- Interacting with others/taking turns
We offer specialized services for children with communication and/or feeding and swallowing needs. We offer direct 1:1 therapy and group therapy for:
- Language and speech development
- Organizing and processing information
- Augmentative communication (i.e., speech generating devices or low-tech communication tools)
- Social communication/engagement
Our experts work together to create individualized programs for each child. This collaboration improves outcomes by evaluating each child’s ongoing needs.
- Developmental pediatricians and nurse practitioners
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech language therapists
- Social workers
Find a Doctor
At Providence Children's Development Institute - Newberg, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.
Providence Children's Health of Oregon
A Leader in Caring for Kids – Serving Tens of Thousands of Children in Oregon Each Year.
At Providence Children’s Health, we understand children’s bodies and minds react differently than adults to injury, illness, medications and therapy. Our compassionate teams do everything they can to give your child the best possible experience. We offer everything from routine primary care to emergency and hospital care – for newborns, children and teens.
We value our network of referring physicians and make every effort to partner with providers and tailor treatment for each patient. Learn more about provider resources.