Community Resource Desk
The Community Resource Desk assists individuals and families get connected to resources in their community.
This free and confidential service is open to everyone. You do not need to have a Providence doctor, Providence Health Plan, or other health insurance coverage to use this service.
Availability varies per desk; see below for locations and phone numbers prior to visiting.
All Community Resource Desks are staffed by Resource Specialists who speak both English and Spanish. Translation services for other languages are also available.
Resource Specialists can assist in connecting you to services for:
- Finding nearby food pantries
- Housing resources and utility assistance
- Signing up for health insurance and knowing your benefits
- Getting appointments for food stamps, dental and eye care
- Available Transportation options
- Clothing locations
And much more! Talk to a Resource Specialist to find out how they can assist you.
Each of the Community Resource Desks are operated through community benefit funding in partnership with local community agencies:
- Impact NW in the Portland metro area
- Clatsop Community Action serving Clatsop County on the Oregon Coast
- ACCESS serving Jackson County, in Southern Oregon
What to expect
- For walk-in visits, together, you and the Resource Specialist will talk through your needs and the ways they can assist you.
- If you call by phone or text, you and the Resource Specialist will talk or communicate through texting your needs and determine the best ways that they can assist you.
The resource specialists will connect you to available services for you and your family. You will leave the meeting or call with an action plan that explains next steps. The Resource Specialists will check-in with you within 30-days to see how you are doing and to see if you were able to connect to support.