Community Resource Desk
The Community Resource Desk assists individuals and families who are in need of support to get connected to resources in their community. This free and confidential service is open to everyone. You do not need to have a Providence doctor, Providence Health Plan, or other health insurance coverage to use this service.
Availability varies per desk; see below for locations and phone numbers prior to visiting.
All Community Resource Desks are staffed by Resource Specialists who speak both English and Spanish. Translation services for other languages are also available.
Resource Specialists can assist in connecting you to services for:
- Housing resources and utility assistance
- Signing up for health insurance and knowing your benefits
- Getting appointments for food stamps, dental care, or other services
- Finding nearby food pantries
- Employment assistance
And much more! Talk to a Resource Specialist to find out how they can assist you.
Each of the Community Resource Desks are operated in partnership with a local community agency:
- Impact NW in the Portland and Vancouver metro area
- Clatsop Community Action in Seaside and the North Coast area
- ACCESS in Southern Oregon
What to expect
- For walk-in visits, you will receive a card listing different services. Together, you and the Resource Specialist will talk through your needs and the ways they can assist you.
- If you call by phone, you and the Resource Specialist will talk through your needs and determine the best ways that they can assist you.
The resource specialists will connect you to the right services for you and your family. You will leave the meeting or call with an action plan that explains your next steps to take. The Resource Specialists will check-in with you after one week and again after one month to see how you are doing.