Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery
Our team of board-certified surgeons provides evaluation, diagnosis and surgical treatment for a wide variety of gastrointestinal disorders. We offer expertise in both common and complex conditions, and we offer minimally-invasive treatments, including robotic-assisted surgery.
Conditions We Treat
- Acid reflux
- Gallbladder conditions
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease
- Colon cancer
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Liver and pancreatic disease
Why choose Providence?
As a patient at the Digestive Health Institute, you will benefit from:
- Advanced minimally invasive treatments, including robotic-assisted surgery
- Board-certified surgeons, many of whom have advanced subspecialty training
- Fellowship-trained surgeons in the areas of foregut, bariatric, hepatobiliary and colorectal surgery
- High-quality care and a reputation for excellence
- Superior patient experience
- Innovative techniques and research studies to improve outcomes
- Screening colonoscopy to rule out colon cancer
- Designated as a Center of Excellence for pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis care from the National Pancreas Foundation
Our medical centers have earned multiple awards for patient safety, patient experience and digestive health clinical excellence. In addition, Providence Portland Medical Center received America’s 100 Best Gastrointestinal Surgery Award and the Top 5 in the State for Gastrointestinal Surgery from Healthgrades®.