Providence Physiatry - Medford
Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, also called physiatrists, are nerve, muscle and bone experts who treat health issues that affect body movement. At Providence Physiatry of Medford, our goal is to make patients feel better and be able to live well each day by restoring function that’s been lost by injury, illness or disabling conditions.
First, we work with each patient to find the cause of function loss and the affect on quality of life. Assessments we use include:
- Medical history
- Physical examination
- Imaging studies
- Gait evaluation
- Orthotics management
- Prosthetics management
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Muscle spasticity therapy
- Muscle and nerve diagnostic testing (EMG)
Our expertise is in treating all types of conditions, including:
- Brain injury
- Muscle injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Movement disorders
- Sports and musculoskeletal injuries
You should consider seeing a physiatrist if:
- An accident, injury or chronic condition has left you with pain or limited function
- You’re planning to have or are recovering from surgery
- You are having treatment for cancer or are recovering from cancer therapy
- An illness has decreased your energy or ability to move easily
- You’re recovering from a stroke or have problems related to nerve damage
- You have chronic pain from arthritis, a repetitive stress injury or back problems
- Excess weight makes it difficult for you to exercise or has caused health problems
- You think you’re too old to exercise
- Life changes, such as childbirth or menopause, have created physical challenges for you
At Providence Physiatry in Medford, our board-certified physiatrists work with patients and families to create individualized treatment plans for injuries, illnesses, and disabilities. We take each patient’s quality of life concerns into account when recommending a treatment plan. The team’s expertise in new and advanced therapies, as well as time-tested treatments, helps patients to maximize functional recovery. Whenever possible, we offer conservative, effective treatments that can restore quality of life without the potential side effects that may come with more invasive treatments.
- Recovery for stroke, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord injury
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- EMG/Nerve conduction studies
- Fluoroscopy (X-ray) guided injections of the spine and joints
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty
- Management of back and joint pain
- Osteopathic manual therapy
- Prosthetics and orthotics; including evaluation of gait disorders and amputees
Providence Medical Group wants to help ease the way of our patients by providing new patient medical forms and privacy notice information in advance of their first visit.
- Health history form - Physiatry Southern Oregon
- Medical records authorizations
- Medical records transfer form
All medical records are computerized, allowing us to maintain the most advanced coordination of your care. Your electronic medical records are integrated with Providence Medford Medical Center, so doctors have quick access to your most current medical information should you require emergency care or be hospitalized.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.
Providence Brain and Spine Institute of Oregon
The Providence Brain and Spine Institute is a comprehensive, integrated center of excellence that treats all conditions of the brain and spine. We are the leading provider of neurological care in Oregon committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch. Our patients are at the center of everything we do. See a complete list of conditions we treat and learn more about the care we offer.