St. Joseph Heritage Orange - Chapman Mammogram Screening
2255.3 miles away
Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Before your visit:
- Please make sure to wear a two piece outfit and no deodorant or talcum powder.
- If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please call our office as soon as possible. Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes early so you can fill out any applicable patient paperwork.
- Please review the personal information above. If you need to make a change, please notify the receptionist upon check-in.
- Please complete the form and bring the printed copy with you to your appointment
Here’s what to expect when you have a mammogram:
- Rest assured that mammograms use low-dose x-rays and can detect lumps that are too small to be felt.
- Schedule your mammogram the week after your period when your breasts are less tender.
- Don’t wear deodorant, powder, lotions or ointments since it may indicate a breast problem where there is none.
- It’s best to wear a two-piece outfit so you only have to remove your top, making it easier and more comfortable for you.
- The entire process takes 30 minutes or less. Each of your breasts will be compressed for approximately 20-30 seconds. The compression may be uncomfortable but flattening the breast is necessary to get the clearest image.
- Our technicians understand how to make you feel as comfortable as they can before, during and after the exam.
- Keep in mind that most unusual findings are not cancer; they could be cysts or dense tissue. Also, since this is your first time, there are no old mammograms to compare to. With your first mammogram you’re establishing a baseline that will help you and your doctor monitor your breast health going forward.
- Your first mammogram is generally a screening test and not a diagnostic test, which evaluates specific problems or findings.
- After the screening, a specially trained breast radiologist will review the images and report back to your physician in a timely manner.