Providence Physical and Aquatic Therapy
Fri: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Our appointment secretary will work with you to get your evaluation scheduled at a convenient time. When you call please be sure to have the following information ready:
- Birth date
- Insurance information
- Referring provider (who is sending you to physical therapy)
- What we will be treating
Physical therapy services require a referral or prescription from your physician if you wish us to bill your health insurance. If your insurance company requires pre-authorization, that will need to be completed before an appointment is scheduled.
- Picture ID
- Insurance cards
- Referral from your primary care provider (if required by your insurance plan)
- A complete list of your medications
- Any other information you think might be helpful such as X-Rays or MRI Reports
- Shorts or loose fitting clothes
Your first visit will last anywhere from 45-60 minutes. Follow up sessions are usually 45 minutes.
No. Your first visit with the physical therapist will be an evaluation. We will talk to you about your concerns and your goals for therapy. This visit usually includes some instruction in a home program to help you meet your goals.
Can I bring someone with me to therapy?
You are welcome to bring a family member or friend with you to your first appointment (your evaluation). Because we need your complete attention we recommend you do not bring small children. Due to privacy and safety reasons, only patients are allowed in the pool and gym areas.
- Please contact us as early as possible if you are running late or need to re-schedule an appointment so we may accommodate your schedule.
- As a courtesy to all patients and staff, please turn off all cell phones and mobile devices during treatment.
- Because we have staff members and patients with allergies, we ask that you do not wear any perfume, cologne or scented lotions when visiting our office.
- For your initial visit, please arrive 10-15 minutes early to allow us to check you in and complete any remaining paperwork.
We are located across from the hospital behind the yellow Eye Care Clinic building. Parking is available.
Directions traveling from the North (Olympia/Tumwater/Rochester): From I-5 S take exit #81/WA-507 N/Mellen St. Turn right onto Mellen St (WA-507). Continue on Cooks HIll Road. We are located on the right hand side of the road at 1809 Cooks Hill Road.
Directions traveling from the South (Onalaska/Chehalis): From I-5 N take exit #81/WA-507 N/Mellen St. Turn left onto Mellent St. (WA-507). Continue on Cooks Hill Road. We are located on the right hand side of the road at 1809 Cooks Hill Road.
- “I have to say physical therapy hurt worse at first, and quite honestly between that and all the other discouraging stories I heard from others, I wanted to give up and just live with my pain. But, I kept going after the third week, I started not only feeling better, but was also much stronger. I have been faithfully continuing to do my exercises at home for 4 years now and I have to say: not only has it prevented me from another major back surgery, but my quality of life is remarkably better than it had been in the many years prior living in pain. I would have to say, even though it hurts at first, give it a chance and it will give you the chance for a much better life.”
- “My doctor (Naori Yoshimuri) referred me here. Because of my numerous disabilities I’ve been unable to do weight-bearing exercises at home and was depressed because of it. Erin Galarza allowed for not only physical strengthening, but also encouragement personally.”