At Providence Breast Health our team recognizes the importance of a wholistic approach to your breast health. We provide care that is based upon the latest research and national recommendations while at the same time ensuring that all treatment plans take into account every woman’s preferences, circumstances and unique needs.
In addition to offering state-of -the art breast surgery, our breast cancer team has expertise across the full spectrum of breast cancer & breast disease care including breast imaging, medical and radiation oncology, reconstructive surgery, clinical genetics, pathology and nursing. Through our integrated approach, patients receive a comprehensive treatment plan that optimizes the quality of life and survival rate.
Compassionate, integrated and individualized care is what makes Providence Breast Health special and able to deliver high quality care here locally. We’re dedicated to making the breast cancer care experience as seamless and accommodating as possible.
A diagnosis of breast cancer can be very stressful. We strive to provide each patient with the information needed to allow joint decision making that leads to the best possible outcomes. Since breast cancer treatment typically involves care from several different specialists, we offer comprehensive services that include a breast care coordinator who helps you navigate the way through all aspects of your treatment. Your breast health team is there for you every step of the way.
Our services include:
- Breast surgery
- Comprehensive breast cancer treatment
- Multidisciplinary collaboration among breast surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and plastic surgeons
- Tumor Board review to create a personalized, evidence-based treatment plan
- Breast cancer post-treatment surveillance and survivorship
- Evaluation and diagnosis of benign and malignant breast problems
- Coordination of diagnostic imaging and image-guided breast biopsy
- Breast cancer risk evaluation and genetic testing
- Preventative breast health
You may contact the Breast Health clinic yourself or be referred by any health care professional.
For more than 25 years, our team has been providing comprehensive breast health care to patients throughout the Inland Northwest.
We understand that breast cancer screenings and treatments are not something you should ever have to go through alone. Your care team will include a breast surgeon, breast clinic nurse and breast patient coordinator who will answer your questions about breast health, offer education and support, help you navigate through your health care options, and ensure you have all the resources available to help you make informed decisions.
Our knowledgeable, caring staff is here for you every step of the journey, from prevention to recovery.
Your breast health team will provide you with the support and education you need throughout your medical and surgical care.
Support services offered include:
- Working closely with you, your doctor and other members of your medical team
- Providing answers to questions about breast health and disease
- Providing instruction on breast self-exams
- Assisting in coordinating screening mammograms and other diagnostic tests
- Providing education about breast cancer, diagnosis, surgery and treatment options
- Providing emotional and educational support
- Providing information on support groups
- Assisting with a referral to a primary care physician, if needed
- Providing dietician services
- Providing financial counseling and social work services if needed