Providence Sports Medicine - South
Providence Sports Medicine - South
The goal of Providence sports medicine is to help people of all ages maintain and achieve greatness in your sport, avoid injuries and improve overall performance. We help you stay active and engaged in the activities you love.
We understand that whether you are a weekend warrior, a dedicated athlete or just getting into a new hobby, you want to remain healthy and injury free. By working closely with you, listening to your concerns, and understanding your needs, our sports medicine team offers a comprehensive approach to your wellbeing.
Working in partnership with local orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, radiologists and athletic trainers, the Providence Sports Medicine team provides optimal health care.
Whether evaluating, treating, rehabilitating or preventing your injury, our sports medicine team has you covered. We offer non-surgical treatment that focuses on preparation, performance and rehabilitation.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Injury evaluation
- Caring for acute injuries such as sprains, strains, tears or fractures
- Evaluation of chronic injuries such as arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis or stress fractures
- Sports-related concussion evaluation
- In-office diagnostic ultrasound and X-ray
- On-site MRI services
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Neurocognitive testing
- Hand therapy
- Injury prevention instruction and healthy lifestyle promotion
- Peak performance program (educational classes)
- Body composition testing
- Sports-specific functional assessment (movement analysis and training):
- Sports video analysis
- Fractures (includes casting, splinting and brace fitting for fractures not requiring surgery)
- Concussions (includes imPACT testing, vestibular rehabilitation and return to play guidance)
- Acute illness in athletes (mono, flu, skin infections, etc.)
- Female athlete triad
- Pre-participation exams (PPE)
- Return to play assessments
Our team of specialty-trained sports medicine providers evaluate, treat and rehabilitate people of all ages.
As the sports medicine provider for several high schools in the Spokane area, you’ll see our teams working alongside athletes to prevent and care for injuries, and keep them at the top of their game.
Providence sports medicine physicians are experts in the field. Many of them are fellows of varying sports medicine fellowship programs and have undergone extensive training in family medicine and orthopedic health care. Their dedication to the craft makes them more than doctors; they take a personal and active interest in sports, fitness and nutritional health.
Other members of our team include:
- Athletic trainers
- Physical therapists
Our sports medicine clinic is located in the Providence Medical Center Building. Near Sacred Heart Medical Center, we are across the street in a five-story brick building on the corner of 9th and McClellan.
Parking is free; enter from 9th Avenue on the west side of the building. We are located on the first floor.
To make the most of your sessions, please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Exercise clothing (sweats, T-shirts and shorts) is most appropriate.
Because you are the primary focus of our care, your active participation is essential to a successful rehabilitation program. To enhance the achievement of your goals, we highly recommend you:
- Follow through with any prescribed home exercise programs
- Report any significant changes in symptoms, medications and function
- Keep all scheduled appointments
- Arrive on time to all appointments to provide maximum time with your therapist