At Providence, our goal is to provide exceptional care and support to those affected by diabetes. With individualized care plans and quality education, our comprehensive services can help you live with diabetes in a way that fits your lifestyle.
Diabetes occurs when your body fails to produce enough insulin or does not use insulin properly. If diabetes is not managed it can lead to serious long-term health problems, including heart and kidney disease, stroke, vision problems, nerve damage and poor circulation leading to limb amputations.
While there is no cure for diabetes, treatments are advancing rapidly. Most of our Providence locations staff certified diabetes educators to help you learn long-term diabetes management skills.
By providing personalized support to fit your diabetic needs, our programs can help prevent complications and help you lead a full life with diabetes. The information and customized support we provide will give you the knowledge and tools to manage your diabetes with confidence.
With access to the most current information regarding diabetes care, these various diabetes management programs provide informative sessions to diabetic patients and their families. These individual and group diabetes education sessions include topics such as:
- Medication management
- Blood glucose monitoring instruction
- Insulin administration
- Lifestyle adjustments
- Coping with diabetic stress
- Diabetes care and management for pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy
- Nutrition guidance, comprehensive meal planning and weight management
- Preventative education for patients with pre-diabetes in order to prevent or delay diabetes
- Resources to community outreach programs