Treating Heart Valve Disease
When you’re a patient at Providence, we help you feel better today and reduce your risk of more serious disease tomorrow. We work with you to create a personalized plan to treat your heart valve disease. This plan includes everything from diagnosis and treatment to the post-care support you need to feel your best. The result is compassionate, whole-person care for your body, mind and spirit.
Why Choose Us for Heart Valve Disease Care?
At Providence, we see the life in you. We are committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch.
More About Heart Valve Disease
A heart valve problem is a disease or disorder of one or more of the four valves in the heart. It may be present at birth (congenital) or develop over time because of other health conditions. The expert cardiac teams at Providence use the most effective therapies to treat patients with every type of heart valve disease, including:
- Aortic stenosis
- Aortic valve regurgitation
- Heart infection (infective endocarditis)
- Heart murmurs
- Mitral regurgitation
- Rheumatic heart disease
- Tricuspid valve regurgitation
Testing and Diagnostics
Your heart care team uses many different methods to find out which therapies work best for you. They look at your symptoms, other medical conditions and overall health. They also use the most advanced diagnostics to evaluate your condition. Depending on your case, this may include one or more of the following:
- Blood test
- Chest X-ray
- CT imaging
- Diagnostic heart catheterization
- Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG)
- Exercise stress test/treadmill stress test
- MRI (cardiac)
- PET scan
- Pharmacological stress test
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
Personalized Treatment for Heart Valve Disease
We know that no two patients are the same. This is why your care team works with you to design an individualized treatment plan based specifically on your heart condition and your personal needs. Every treatment plan includes lifestyle changes to support your recovery and long-term heart health.
Your care plan may include one or more of the following therapies:
- Aortic valve repair or replacement
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Heart valve repair or replacement/valvuloplasty
- Mitral valve repair or replacement
- Prescription medications
- Robot-assisted mitral valve repair
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair
- Tricuspid valve repair or replacement
Find Heart Care Close to You
Meet the Team
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.