At Providence, we combine state-of-the-art medical technology with our expertise in surgical arthroplasty to provide the best in joint replacement procedures. Patients who suffer from joint pain and are looking to take a step toward a more active lifestyle should explore MAKOplasty. Whether due to a fracture, fatigue, or arthritis, if joint pain is keeping you from accomplishing daily tasks, consider joint replacement surgery at Providence.
MAKOplasty® is an innovative treatment option for adults who suffer from joint pain. With MAKO, we’re able use the most advanced robotics-assisted surgical techniques for procedures used to treat osteonecrosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and degenerating or deteriorating joints.
Mako technology includes three-dimensional presurgical planning. During surgery, the surgeon gets real-time visual, tactile and auditory feedback to better help with resurfacing the joint and positioning the implant. It is this optimal placement that can result in a more natural-feeling joint following surgery.
MAKOplasty enables our orthopedic surgeons to perform minimally invasive partial knee resurfacing and total hip replacement using advanced robotic-arm assistance. The innovative technology allows for consistent, reproducible surgical precision and improved outcomes for those who suffer from joint pain.
Mako for Knees
- Help surgeons precisely resurface only the arthritic portion of the knee
- Minimally invasive procedures, resulting in shorter hospital stays, less scarring and better outcomes
- A smoother-feeling joint, thanks to precise technology and less impact on the healthy parts of your knee
Mako for Hips
- Pinpoint accuracy and a faster recovery, because of how the technology prepares the joint and implant
- A more natural-feeling joint and a better ability to maintain your correct leg length
- A longer-lasting implant, due to a decreased risk of abnormal wear on the joint
MAKOplasty offers the best possible outcomes for joint procedures. Some benefits include:
- Shorter hospital stays
- Smaller incisions
- Less scarring
- Faster recovery
- Better outcomes
- Fewer complications
Doctors Specializing in MAKOPlasty
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.