Maternal Fetal Medicine
The health of both you and baby is the core priority of our specialty trained staff. Our perinatologists work with your provider to assess and manage your pregnancy from preconception through delivery to ensure the best outcome.
Maternal fetal medicine offers specialized services for complications of pregnancy or abnormal ultrasound findings. If your pregnancy is considered high-risk, your provider may refer you to a maternal fetal medicine specialist to help manage your pregnancy.
Maternal fetal medicine diagnostic and consult services include:
- Antenatal screening for fetal chromosomal anomalies
- Antepartum testing (nonstress tests and biophysical profiles)
- Doppler studies
- Genetic counseling
- Obstetric management of a complicated pregnancy
- Postpartum complication consultations
- Preconception counseling
- Prenatal consultation and diagnosis
- Ultrasound interpretation
Doctors Specializing in Maternal Fetal Medicine
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.