Neurological rehabilitation combines highly trained professionals with the latest therapies and technology to create the best outcomes. Providence rehab specializes in providing outstanding care and service to meet the needs of individuals – of all ages – with stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, amputation, post-polio, vestibular and balance dysfunction, diabetic neuropathy and other medical conditions.
Our team of experts include: physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, rehabilitation nurses, social workers and neuropsychologists. We work together to help you achieve your personal goals and reach your maximum potential. We also offer an array of therapies and services across our locations, including:
- Fall risk assessments
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Robotic assistive therapy
- Body weight supported treadmill training
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Bioness and walk-aide FES gait training
- Spasticity management
- Wheelchair seating and mobility
- Neuropsychology evaluations and counseling
- Holistic interventions
- Home, school and work-site evaluations
Brain, spine and nerve disorders require special therapies to help you recover and reach your goals. At Providence,we offer a full range of neurological rehabilitation services, from post-surgery care and hospital-based therapies to clinical care in outpatient locations. We offer rehabilitative care for these and other conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amputation and other chronic limb disabilities
- Ataxia, tremors and movement disorders
- Bell’s palsy, neuralgia and other cranial nerve disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- Concussion and head injury
- Dementia and memory loss disorders
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Huntington disease
- Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular dystrophy (MD)
- Myasthenia, neuropathy and other peripheral nerve disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases
- Traumatic brain, spinal cord and other severe injuries
- Vertigo and other vestibular or balance disorders
Our therapists help patients get back to living their fullest life after a stroke or traumatic brain injury. Therapists work with your doctors to help you regain the ability to speak, think and communicate, overall coordination and balance, recover the sensation and movement in legs, arm or other parts of your body.
Our experienced, multidisciplinary team specializes in managing the medical and psychosocial issues associated with spinal cord injuries. We are able to accommodate patients who are experiencing complete paralysis all the way through those who are experiencing trouble with higher level activities.
Our goal is to help individuals reach their highest potential. Counseling, support and education—for patients and families alike—help ensure progress and healing that is not only physical, but emotional and spiritual as well.
Vestibular or balance disorders involve neurological connections between your brain and inner ear. Providence neurologists and other specialists cooperate to identify and address the source of vertigo or dizziness and other disorders.
For certain types of vertigo, specialized therapies can reduce or resolve symptoms. Therapists also teach you how to manage recurring symptoms in the future.
Providence specialists use standardized tests such as the Berg Balance Scale and the dynamic gait index to help care providers to assess your posture, pace and walking style, balance and ability to move freely. Physical therapists evaluate your personal risk for falls, train you on how to use assistive devices to help you walk and move more safely and recommend ways to reduce your risk of falling.