Providence HCC-Home Health Alaska staff partners with you, your professional health care team members, your caregivers, as well your loved ones to provide comprehensive, highly competent health care while you are temporarily homebound. Your personal goals for improving and succeeding are part of the comprehensive assessment and are always considered and included in developing your individualized treatment plan.
Providence HCC- Home Health Alaska prides its professional and successful approach for excellent customer care and service, not only by serving you, our patients but also by serving each and every one of our employees. The Providence Mission drives our spirit each day for each and every patient we serve.
Our professional, caring and friendly staff has built a reputation for quality care and positive relationships with patients and their doctors.
Providence HCC-Home Health Alaska is the oldest and largest Home Health care provider in Alaska, serving patients from Eklutna to Girdwood. We are humbled and grateful to serve.
Whether you are recovering from an illness, surgery, or need temporary assistance managing your health, our highly skilled professionals are backed by the resources, depth and the mission of Providence Health & Services Alaska.
A medical prescription from your MD, DO, or DPM, is required for Home Health professional health care services. Many of our patients are referred by local and out of state hospitals, as well as community physicians from around our great state. Most insurances require you to be homebound while we provide our intermittent skilled care
We provide a variety of in-home care services, including:
- Intermittent skilled nursing services for medication management, wound care, ostomy education and care, diabetes, COPD, CHF education and management, behavioral health, catheter management, as well as palliative care. We work directly with your personal MD and you to establish the best treatment plan for your immediate needs. Nurses connect you with other specialists and community resources when appropriate, to support your overall treatment plan.
- Depending on your plan of treatment, our qualified therapists provide physical therapy, occupation therapy and speech therapy as prescribed by your doctor.
- Clinical social workers provide the assistance needed to help support a short and long term health care plan. They are able to connect you and your loved ones to community resources that enhance your individual treatment plan.
- Chaplains are able to provide spiritual care in person or by phone.
- Some insurances will pay for home health aide care while receiving intermittent skilled care from our nursing and/or therapy staff. This may include bathing, showering, shaving and dressing.
- A registered nurse is on-call 24 hours per day seven days a week. We accept Medicaid, Medicare, VA, and private health insurance.
- Remote patient monitoring.
- Hospice- Helping loved one's through life limiting illness.
- Nurse-Family Partnership - For women who are having their first baby.
At Providence, it’s our people who make the difference. In addition to our staff’s knowledge, experience and professionalism, it’s perhaps our friendly, caring manner you’ll appreciate most. We love working with people – and it shows in the quality of care and attention you’ll receive
Providence HCC- Home Health Alaska assesses your treatment plan no less than every 30 days. This comprehensive assessment and plan is coordinated with everyone on your care team, including you! Care team members often include the following professionals:
- Skilled Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Wound Care Certified Nurses and Therapists
- Ostomy Certified Nurses
- Lymphedema Certified Nurses and Therapists
- Behavioral Health Nurses
- Home Health Aides
- Medical and/or Licensed Clinical Social Workers