Providence Nurse-Family Partnership
If you’re pregnant, Providence Nurse-Family Partnership is here to help ensure that you and your baby have the best experience and support, before birth and through your child’s second (2nd) birthday.
With Providence Nurse-Family Partnership, a registered nurse will visit you in your home to talk about your baby’s growth and development, your labor and delivery, infant care and many other topics. Our overall goal is to help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- Provide parenting skills and advice on how to care for your baby.
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby.
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play.
- Find health care, childcare, job training and other support services in your community.
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for your family’s future and find ways to reach them.
Your nurse will visit your home or your desired location every week or two during your pregnancy and until your child is 2 years old. You and your nurse will decide the schedule together.
You and your nurse will also determine the other people who will be involved in the visits. We encourage fathers, family members and friends, to participate. However, you are the main focus of the program.
Providence Nurse-Family Partnership is free to all eligible pregnancies. To be eligible, you must:
- Meets WIC income guidelines. You do not need to be enrolled in WIC to qualify.
- Live in the target area: Anchorage, JBER, Eagle River, Mat-Su, Big Lake, and Girdwood.
- Enroll in the NFP program and have a least one visit before giving birth.