Pregnancy is a special time, and every mom-to-be hopes everything will go well. Problems can occur, though, and when they do, we are here for you. Our specialists are committed to giving expectant mothers and their babies the highest level of care and the best possible opportunities for health, whether or not there are pregnancy complications.
Maternal-fetal medicine is also called high-risk obstetrics. Our specialists treat pregnant women whose babies may be at risk for conditions such as:
- Abnormal alpha-fetoprotein
- Birth defects
- Fetal anemia
- Fetal anomalies
- Fetal arrhythmia
- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome
We provide a wide range of testing and other services to women both prior to and during pregnancy. These include:
- Biophysical profiles
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Fetal non-stress tests
- Genetic amniocentesis
- Genetic testing such as first-trimester Down syndrome screening, abnormal alpha-fetoprotein testing and quadruple screen test
- Ultrasound - first trimester, comprehensive fetal anatomy, and fetal echocardiography
Our services also include genetic counseling for women with a family history of genetic disorders, those who have had several previous miscarriages and those who are over age 35 when they become pregnant.