For Provider Convenience
For the convenience of our valued Providers, Decision Support has been included on our standard Diagnostic Imaging Order form. Providers can:
- Download the new order form
- Email us to arrange delivery of the updated print order forms.
- View additional Clinical Decision Support information
Thank you for choosing Providence Imaging Center!
Medical providers: Gain online access to Providence Imaging Center images and reports, including access to Providence Alaska Medical Center records. Requirements include internet access, a simple, one time software download on each computer you plan to use, and an application for remote access. Once the application has been processed, and accounts built, you will be able to view patient images and reports with a simple login to a secure portal.
Online access is made available through a secure portal called the Citrix Access Gateway. Depending on your needs, you may have access to two main programs:
- Epic (either Hyperspace or EpicCare Link) This program contains the electronic medical records for Providence Alaska Medical Center, and other Providence entities. You will be able to see lab results, operating room notes, and radiology reports, among other items. Hyperspace is generally reserved for credentialed providers and surgeons, including RNs who work in surgical offices. EpicCare Link is a read-only version, which provides excellent general access to Providence records.
- Synapse (this is the Providence PACS or Picture Archiving and Communication System) – This program is where all images and reports are stored that are performed at Providence Imaging Center, at the Providence Alaska Medical Center radiology department, and other affiliates. It is offered as a standalone program with its own icon (which is faster to access if you know you just want to view images), or it can be opened from within the Epic program when you click “Show images for [name of imaging study]” in the radiology report.
New practices - If your practice is applying for access for the first time, there is one “Master Agreement” to fill out, which will be signed by the practice manager or provider-owner. Then, each individual in the practice who needs access would fill out and return three pages to the IS Training Team.
The data access acceptable use agreement is three pages long, but includes confidentiality and security information to be reviewed with employees.
Practices that already have a “Master Agreement” on file - Each individual who needs access (MA, nurse, PA, biller, front desk employee, etc.) would fill out the individual forms mentioned in the previous paragraph.
Please allow some time for the accounts to be built. The IS Training Team at Providence handles all requests for remote access. They are also able to provide training assistance to your office. A friendly representative can be reached at:
HealthCare IS Trainers
Providence Health and Services, Alaska
As of Fall 2013, a Keyfob is no longer required for remote access. The software that allows a secure access to our servers is called Citrix Receiver, and must be downloaded on each machine you wish to use. Access speed is dependent on the Internet Service Provider you have and the bandwidth available to you.
For general questions, please contact Kathy Rzeszut at 907-212-6032.
- CT lung cancer screening
- Diagnostic imaging
- Special breast procedure
- Breast Ordering Guide and Order
Clinicians who would prefer to use pre-printed documents and appointment cards, please contact the Marketing & Communication Program Director at 907-212-6032.
- Auto-faxing of imaging reports to ensure quick turn-around time. Contact us at 907-212-6039 to arrange for auto-fax.
- Access to a Radiologist is available to clinicians via telephone at 907-212-3148, Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.