For Students, Faculty and Guests
Welcome to Kadlec Regional Medical Center. We look forward to having you as a student, faculty or guest in our facility. Read about the history of Kadlec.
Request Clinical Placement
All requests for clinical placements must be made in writing to the Academic Services Department at Kadlec. Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee placement.
Submit the following information to the Kadlec Academic Services via email or fax to 509-942-2819:
- Number of students and desired type of placement (such as respiratory therapy, lab, medical assistant)
- Number of hours for experience
- Desired start and end date of experience
- School and email contact responsible for student placement
- Students' full names (if known) and emails
Clinical Placement Responsibilities
Proceed with documentation only after your request has been approved.
- Ensure current affiliation agreement and certificate of insurance (COI) are on file.
- Complete the shaded areas on the New Access Request form for students or instructors and email to Kadlec Academic Services six weeks prior to orientation or first clinical date. If your school or facility is unable to request this information, the student will be responsible for providing it to Kadlec Academic Services. For questions regarding policy change, read the Policy Letter for Access Requirements.
For returning students or instructors, complete the shaded areas on the Continuing Access Request form.
- Verify completion of student's Immunization Attestation and sign it. If your school or facility does not have access to student records, the student will be responsible for providing all records to Kadlec Academic Services for review and verification. Email documents to Kadlec Academic Services one week prior to orientation or first clinical date.
National background checks will include: OIG, GSA and Washington State Patrol (WATCH). You must notify Kadlec if a "hit" is discovered.
- Submit student schedule and rotations.
To be submitted via email, fax, or in-person to Kadlec Academic Services. Forms must be received no later than one week prior to clinical start date.
- Immunization Attestation: To be verified by your school or facility. If your school or facility cannot, submit passport and related documents to Kadlec Academic Services for verification. Please allow yourself time to complete this as some items may take one week or more.
- Badge Access Request Form
- KRMC's Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement
- WSP and Criminal Disclosure Statement (Print single sided)
- Parking Permit (If you plan to park on Kadlec's campus)
To be completed prior to your orientation date.
- Complete Online Safety and Compliance Assignments:
Kadlec Academic Services will provide you with instructions for accessing your HealthStream (HLC) login once all onboarding documentation has been received.
System requirements: If your hardware and software meet these requirements and you are still having problems, try switching between browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) or email Kadlec Academic Services. Healthstream works best with Google Chrome.
- KRMC policies:
There may be additional policies to review depending on your placement. These policies will be provided to you when necessary.
- Non-smoking/tobacco free policy
- Parking Policy
- Dress Code and Personal Appearance
- ED/FSED Blood or Body Fluid Exposure - Non-Employee
- In the event of an injury or exposure, check in through the Emergency Department and complete a Non-Employee Injury/Incident Report.
- Electronic device use: You may not use personal cell phones in patient care areas. You may only use personal cell phones in private, designated areas of the hospital. Please ask your instructor or a Kadlec unit RN where those areas are. Absolutely no photos can be taken in patient care areas of any Kadlec campus.
- Operating Room Placements: Only review these policies if your placement will have you in the Kadlec Operating Room.
Orientation will be arranged by Kadlec Academic Services to be held on or before clinical start date. Placements in the Kadlec Operating Room will require an additional orientation with OR staff. See parking map.
Wear your school-approved scrubs, uniform or business casual attire as well as your student or facility badge to your orientation at Kadlec. You will receive a Kadlec ID badge at this time.
- Complete online safety and compliance assignments:
You will be notified if any additional assignments are added during your clinical rotation.
- KRMC policies (listed in new student, faculty or guest responsibilities)
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider"): Hard copy may be picked up in the Kadlec Education Office
- Complete and submit:
Send the following forms via email, fax or in-person to Kadlec Academic Services:
For placements in the operating room, OR orientation must have been completed within the last two years.