Through our Community Education and outreach program, we promote awareness and understanding about advance care planning and end of life care options and choices.
What are the goals of Community Education?
- Heighten the community’s awareness about Hospice Services and end of life choices
- To influence the community about issues related to dying and death
- Increase community knowledge of the unique services our hospice program provides
- To promote and encourage community volunteerism
What programs are offered by Community Education?
Community Education supports the following:
- National Hospice Month – Activities and displays to raise awareness about hospice
- Memorial Remembrance – A special time for honoring and remembering the patients we have served
- Speaker’s Bureau – End of life education for businesses, service clubs, schools and senior centers
- Wednesdays at the Hospice House – A six month educational series that feeds the mind, body and spirit.
Who are our Community Education Committee Members?
Our community Education Committee is comprised of members that may include:
- Members of the Sonoma County Community
- Direct Care Volunteers
- Members of the Hospice Advisory Board
- Hospice Staff
For more information about our Community Education program or to join our Community Education Committee, please contact our offices.