Hospice Services of St. Joseph Health provides:
- Comfort care when cure is no longer possible
- Home visits by an interdisciplinary team: Nurses, Hospice Physicians, Hospice Aides, Social Workers, Volunteers, and Spiritual Care Providers.
- Medical and nursing services
- Expert pain and symptom management
- 24 hour on-call support
- Assistance with the practical responsibilities of day to day living
- Support for coping with feelings that arise
- Grief support following the loss of a loved one
- Complete support for the patient
- Prescription drugs and necessary medical equipment and supplies
Care is provided when:
- Someone is diagnosed with a terminal illness
- The patient resides in their private residence, a nursing home, assisted living and/or residential care facility in Sonoma County or northern/western Marin County
- The patient or a designated responsible person consents to Hospice services
- The patient's doctor recommends Hospice services
There is no charge to the patient for services. Insurance is billed as appropriate. Non-reimbursed costs are supported by donations.
Don’t Hesitate to Call.
Deciding to contact hospice may feel like a difficult choice, but family members often say they wish they had called us sooner to access the care and support hospice provides.