Physician Face-to-Face Requirements
The following are the required elements for the current regulations for the home health face-to-face documentation.
Please send your progress note, Discharge Summary or History and Physical for the encounter
- Encounter must occur no more than 90 days prior to or not more than 30 days after the Home Health Start of Care
- Must be performed by a physician with PECOS enrollment or an NPP who saw the patient. The document must be signed and dated by the physician.
- Must show that patient was seen for the main reason that home health is needed.
Other items required
- What services are being ordered
- What is the reason for the services
Home Bound criteria must be noted that gives
- What caused patient to be home bound
- What assistance does the patient require? Does it include assistance of a person, device or both?What is the effort required for the patient to leave home? Needs explanation.
The document will need to have your signature and date
Hospital or other post-acute facility visit documents may be used to meet the encounter information
- We will send those documents for you to retain in the patient’s medical record. CMS may request these records from you in the event of an audit or additional documentation request.