Requirements may differ based on your health condition and insurance rules. Our team will talk with you about the steps you need to take before surgery.
You might be a candidate for weight loss surgery if:
- You have a BMI over 40, or a BMI of 35-40 with obesity-related conditions (such as Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea or high cholesterol)
- You have no endocrine causes of obesity
- Your risk for surgery is acceptable
- You understand the surgery and its risks
- You have no drug or alcohol problems
- You have no uncontrolled psychological conditions
- You have failed other attempts at medical weight loss through diets or other options
Register to view the on-demand video series.
You might not be a candidate if:
- You have a current drug or alcohol problem
- You use tobacco or nicotine products
- You have uncontrolled psychological conditions
- You plan to become pregnant in the next 18 months
- Your surgeon determines that you’re not healthy enough for surgery