Awards and Accreditation
- Healthgrades™: Providence Portland Medical Center is nationally recognized in bariatric surgery and received a 5-Star Rating according to new research released by Healthgrades™.
Awarded for outstanding clinical outcomes, our program was specifically recognized for excellence in surgical skill and care, a strong multi-disciplinary care team, comprehensive patient education and timely post-surgery follow-up.
- Nationally accredited: Our bariatric surgery program is nationally accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, which signifies safe, high-quality care.
- Aetna Institutes of Quality®: Providence Portland Medical Center is recognized for consistently delivering evidence-based, quality care for Bariatric Surgery.
- Blue Distinction Centers: Designated member of the Blue Distinction Centers for Bariatric Surgery by BlueCross BlueShield recognized for expertise in delivering specialty care.
Am I a candidate for surgery?
Bariatric surgery may be right for you if:
- Your body mass index (BMI) is at least 40
- Your BMI is at least 35 and you have significant weight-related medical problems, such as: type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and asthma.
Find a Doctor
At Providence Center for Weight Management, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.