Bereavement Support and Other Services
The following bereavement support programs are offered for free to the community.
For children, teens and families
In addition to Camp Erin, the Providence Hospice Bereavement team offers additional support for grieving children, teens, and families throughout the year.
- In This Together family grief group is an eight-week family grief support program that serves children and teens ages 5-18 and their parents or guardians. Registration is required.
- Meet-Ups are held quarterly during the school year and bring grieving children and teens from the community together in small groups with others their own age to share, participate in activities, and get support from their peers. Parents/guardians and family members are invited to participate in a concurrent family group.
- Meet-ups are usually two hours long. If you are interested in participating, please send us an email.
- Phone and In-Person Support is offered on a limited basis. Our Child Bereavement Counselor is available for short-term phone or in-person visits to support your family. If you are interested in these services, please complete the contact us form.
- In-Service Trainings & Presentations for school and community groups provide resources and strategies for supporting grieving children and families. If you are interested in a training or presentation, please send us an email.
Online grief resources
For more information about any of these adult resources, send us an email or call our bereavement line at 503-215-4622.
- Grief support groups are offered throughout the year at a variety of locations. Grief groups are open to individuals who are seeking extra support as they grieve the death of a significant person in their life. In addition to ongoing grief support groups, specially focused groups including Men in Grief, Mindfulness Grief Group, and writing groups are also offered. Some groups may require pre-registration.
- Classes and presentations are offered periodically during the year and include Journey Through Grief – a six-week series designed to provide an understanding of the grief process, Get Me Through the Holidays – a one hour class that presents practical and meaningful ways to cope with grief on days that hold special significance, and Seven Strategies – a one hour class that presents information about grief and strategies for coping during the weeks and months following a loss through death. Classes and presentations may require pre-registration.
- Phone and in-person support is offered on a limited basis. Our bereavement counselors are available for short-term phone or in-person visits to support your family. If you are interested in these services, please send us an email.