Diagnostic Imaging is a term used to describe technology used to produce images of the inside of your body. These images play an important role in screening as well as providing diagnostic information. Your healthcare provider will determine what type of imaging is best for your situation.
The Diagnostic Imaging department at Providence Newberg Medical Center is dedicated to excellence and maintains the following designations awarded by the American College of Radiology:
- Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence
- Breast Center of Excellence
- Lung Cancer Screening Center
With a goal to meet the needs of the community, Providence Diagnostic Imaging departments offer a full range of services, including:
- Bone Density Imaging
- Cardiovascular Lab
- Computerized Tomography Scan (CT)
- Diagnostic Radiology (X-ray)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Medicine
Proper preparation is an important part of your examination. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
- Notify your healthcare provider and Diagnostic Imaging staff if you may be pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
- Discuss with us in advance any special needs, such as dietary and/or physical limitations.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to verify registration information and provide any additional health information needed for your exam.
- Wear comfortable, metal-free clothing; be prepared to change into a patient gown if necessary.
- Bring your insurance card and a photo ID, as well as prior imaging exams if asked.
- Some imaging exams have special instructions. Special instructions will be given to you when the exam is scheduled.