Bariatric Wellness Center
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
With a holistic approach to weight-loss health, the Bariatric Wellness Center supports patients through long-term physical, nutritional, emotional and spiritual care. We focus on providing weight-loss solutions and resources whether undergoing surgery or not.
With a devotion to quality care that meets the needs of every patient, the Bariatric Wellness Center has been designated as an accredited program for bariatric surgery by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Through nutrition counseling, psychosocial support and lifelong follow-up care, we are committed to both surgical procedures and education for bariatric patients. The Bariatric Wellness Center offers services such as:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Gastric Banding (Lap Band)
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Body Contouring
- Revisional Procedures
- Medically supervised weight management programs
- Personalized exercise programs
- Consultation with registered dieticians
- Counseling with psychologists who specialize in weight loss
- Support groups before and after surgery
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) established a guideline for physicians in evaluating the necessity for bariatric surgery.
The NIH standards for bariatric surgery state that the candidate should express the following:
- Be approximately 100 or more pounds over ideal body weight
- Possess a body mass index (BMI) greater than 40, or a BMI greater than 35 when pre-existing co-morbidities such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, sleep apnea or hypertension are present
- Show weight-induced problems and restrictions in mobility, work and performance of family responsibilities
Watch our 5-part video series to find out if surgery is right for you.
Our multidisciplinary team of bariatric professionals and specialists focus on making your weight-loss journey comfortable, efficient and tailored to your needs. Our core team includes:
- Bariatric Surgical Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
We recommend that you attend one of the free, informative seminars listed below which are designated to give a closer look at weight loss surgery options and answer any questions that you may have.
- Learn about health effects of obesity
- Learn about the various surgical treatments options available
- Meet the board certified bariatric surgeons and ask questions
- Hear from former patients whose lives were helped through weight loss surgery
No RSVP required.
Association of South Bay Surgeons
23451 Madison St., #3340
Torrance, CA 90505
Monday, Jan. 20 - with Dr. Michael Li
Monday, Jan. 27 - with Dr. Michael Li
Tuesday, Jan. 28 - with Dr. Aileen M. Takahashi
Thursday, Jan. 30 - with Dr. Houman Solomon
Monday, Feb. 3 - with Dr. Michael Li
Thursday, Feb. 6 - with Dr. Houman Solomon
Tuesday, Feb. 11 - with Dr. Aileen M. Takahashi
Tuesday, Feb. 18 - with Dr. Aileen M. Takahashi
Monday, Feb. 24 - with Dr. Michael Li
Tuesday, March 3 - with Dr. Aileen M. Takahashi
Thursday, March 5 - with Dr. Houman Solomon