At Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance, back support means more than performing procedures.
It means giving you the full support of experts in every aspect of back and neck care. It means using conservative and minimally invasive approaches whenever possible, and corrective surgical treatments when necessary. It means providing pre-op classes to help you prepare for surgery, and the latest rehabilitation therapies to help you recover quickly and safely. And it means streamlining every step, from evaluation through treatment, to ease your way through the process.
In our Spine Program, we pair you with a spine-care coordinator who works with you to consider all of your options – because back support means more here.
Our experienced team treats a wide variety of conditions affecting the back and neck, including:
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint pain
- Osteoporosis and resultant spinal fractures
- Low-back pain
- Herniated disks
- Degenerative disk disease
- Spondylolisthesis (slipped vertebra)
- Myelopathy (spinal cord problems caused by compression in the neck)
- Spinal curvature (scoliosis, kyphosis and deformities)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Spinal cord compression
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerves)
- Flatback deformity
- Failed neck surgery
We offer minimally invasive techniques whenever appropriate including:
- Laminotomy (cervical & lumbar)
- Anterior interbody fusion via lateral approach (XLIF)
- Lumbar interbody fusion (XLIF)
Other surgical treatments include:
- Artificial disk replacement
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Interlaminar stabilization
- Interspinous fusion
- Micro endoscopic posterior discectomy
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PILF)
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)
- Sclerosis surgery
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance offers the ExcelsiusGPS™ robot for spine surgery, a state-of-the-art surgical system that’s revolutionized the way spine surgeries are performed.
With a focus on innovation, the ExcelsiusGPS™ robot navigates minimally invasive spine procedures by translating the surgeon's hand movements into micromovements with the help of just two or three X-rays, providing pinpoint accuracy.
This means smaller incisions, faster recoveries and enhanced accuracy. Learn more about ExcelsiusGPS™.
Many of our patients get excellent pain relief from non-surgical therapies, such as:
- Physical therapy
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine (physiatry)
- Pain-relieving injections
- Non-narcotic medications
- Epidural steroid injections
- Radiofrequency neurotomy, facet denervation and rhizotomy (injection procedures to quiet nerve pain)
- Disk biacuplasty (a treatment for damaged disks that uses heat to interrupt pain signals)
We offer pre-op spine classes on the first Tuesday of each month to help you prepare for your upcoming surgery. In the class, you’ll learn how to prepare at home, what to expect during your hospital stay, how physical therapy may help afterwards, and more. We’ll also take time to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have. To learn more, call 844-510-4325.
Schedule an appointment
Call 855-415-8186 or complete our online form to request an appointment with our expert spine care team.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.
Tips for Managing Back or Neck Pain
Neck and back pain can keep you from doing what you love. Learn how to manage your pain, and what treatment options are available.