Bariatric Wellness Center
Bariatric Wellness Center
More energy. Better health. Greater well-being. There’s so much to gain from losing the weight. We can help you achieve it. The Bariatric Wellness Centers at both San Pedro and Torrance offer comprehensive surgical and non-surgical weight loss programs tailored to your personal health, goals and preferences. Our positive approach to weight loss is holistic, which means that we provide ongoing physical, nutritional, emotional and spiritual support to help you realize the health gains you deserve.
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) guidelines, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if at least one of these applies to you:
- You weigh 100 or more pounds over ideal body weight
- Your body mass index (BMI) is greater than 40, or greater than 35 if you also have a serious weight-related health condition such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension or sleep apnea
- You have weight-related problems and restrictions in mobility, work and performance of family responsibilities
- Calculate BMI
- Watch our on-demand webinar to see if weight loss surgery is right for you.
- After you watch the webinar, check your insurance plan to ensure your policy covers weight loss surgery at Providence hospitals. While many insurance plans cover weight loss surgery, it’s important to understand your benefits – and how to receive them.
- Call us at 310-241-4377 or request a consultation with our expert care team.
Whether you choose a surgical or non-surgical weight loss program, you’ll receive education, nutritional guidance, counseling and lifelong follow-up support. Our bariatric services include:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Gastric banding (lap band)
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Body contouring
- Revisional procedures
- Medically supervised weight management programs
- Personalized exercise programs
- Consultation with registered dieticians
- Counseling with psychologists who specialize in weight loss
- Support groups before and after surgery
Each of our bariatric professionals and specialists understands the challenges of unhealthy weight. We work with you to make sure your weight loss program is comfortable, efficient and tailored to your needs. Our bariatric team includes:
- Bariatric surgical specialists
- Registered nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
After you watch the webinar or attend a virtual seminar, check your insurance plan to ensure your policy covers weight loss surgery at Providence hospitals. While many insurance plans cover weight loss surgery, it’s important to understand your benefits – and how to receive them.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.
Weight Loss Surgery at Providence
When it comes to weight loss surgery, you have choices. Providence can help with a program tailored to your weight loss goals. Register for our on-demand webinar to learn more about your options.
Once you’ve watched the webinar, our staff will work with you to evaluate whether surgery is right for you.
The Bariatric Wellness Center is proud to achieve comprehensive accreditation from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program®